Several conditions that affect the vertebrae and spinal canal can cause nerve damage. This can lead to problems that affect the internal structures of the body. Some of these spinal conditions include osteochondrosis, scoliosis, and herniated discs. When spinal nerves are irritated or injured, or when pelvic organs are affected, sexual dysfunction can occur.
Often, men experience symptoms of sexual dysfunction such as:
- Erectile dysfunction: This is characterized by the inability to achieve or maintain an erection firm enough to allow sexual intercourse to occur.
- Absent or delayed ejaculation despite sexual stimulation
- Premature ejaculation: The absence of the ability to control ejaculation
Symptoms of sexual dysfunction experienced by women often include:
- Vaginal dryness: Lack of sufficient lubrication to allow for comfortable sexual intercourse
- The loss of desire for sexual intercourse
- The failure to receive pleasure from sexual activity
Know more about:
Bowel and Bladder Dysfunction